The Bid Writer produces professionally written proposal content that clearly articulates the organisation’s value proposition.
The Bid (Proposal) Writer will work as part of a strategic bid team to develop a compelling and differentiated story for our sales opportunities. The role focuses on writing compelling proposals with an original, persuasive voice, synthesizing and articulating strategic messaging, and editing proposal content from technical writers in close collaboration with the opportunity owner. Additional responsibilities include writing our different offering content based on discussions with the business in order to proactively create material that can be included in offers.
- Create original content and create a compelling story explaining our service proposal towards client requests in a concise and clear manner.
- Translate identified key messages into language that differentiates our position and addresses the specific client need(s).
- Capture, shape and synthesize information to reflect a cohesive message, written in one voice.
- Help translate technical information so it is clear to multiple audiences, yet maintains technical accuracy. Focus will be on 2 domains: Digital & Engineering solutions
- Effectively structure complex proposals and presentations.
- Work collaboratively with all internal stakeholders such as commercial opportunity owners, presales consultants, technical architects, delivery teams, bid managers,...
- Develop, organize and manage content for proposal documents and related collateral.
- Demonstrate a finely tuned ability to sift through a discussion and extract the most significant information and action items.
- Engage strategically by posing questions that encourage consideration of all aspects of the client’s position, and draw out essential messaging.
- Elevate risks and issues to the opportunity team quickly and efficiently.
- Main focus will be on large public & private tenders
- At least 3 years experience in bid/proposal writing for a professional services organization (consultancy, project services, consulting)
- Experience with narrative storytelling
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English. French is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp specialist knowledge and make it clear for external parties
- Executive presence
- Agility and speed in executing strong writing
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to “get smart quick” on a wide variety of topics
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging, and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work within a provided strategic direction
- Ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- presentation skills are a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability required
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Management, or a related discipline or equivalent
- Affinity with the world of IT, digitalisation & engineering
- You will receive a permanent full time contract
- You will receive a number of fringe benefits: smartphone, company car, laptop, meal vouchers, group- and hospitalization insurance
- You are welcomed in a company with an open and vibrant atmosphere. “Work hard, play hard” is our motto: we work hard but we also like to have a good lunch or do sports together.
- You’ll be invited to numerous events. For example our AUSY Family Day or a nice barbecue in the summer.