Website Limburg.net: easy access and future proof
Limburg.net is responsible for the waste prevention and collection for Limburg and Diest. The new site allows for the consultation of among other personal consumption data through a secured account. A great project for our IT Solutions team!
When residents go to the site, they have to fill in their location. This way, we can provide them with personalized information:
- When will the next waste collection in my neighborhood take place?
- Where can I find the nearest glass containers?
- Where are the recycling shop and the recycling plant?
- First aid when recycling
Furthermore, the site gives information on how to properly recycle your trash. What if you want to know how to recycle denatured alcohol. Through the autocomplete search function you will access a page on small items of dangerous waste:
- What is it?
- Where should you take it?
- How should you present it?
- How can you avoid it?
Secured portal for residents
Next to this public section, the website of the waste intermunicipal company has a secured portal as well. Residents can log in via ‘Mijn limburg.net’. Here they can read detailed informaiton on:
- Their visits to the recycling plant
- Door-to-door collection
What does the site look like from a technical perspective?
A proxy communicates with the Drupal 8 website, the portal and the tool that answers questions the residents have. Such a proxy is actually a kind of collection point where all APIs arrive. This has 2 major advantages:
- When changes are made, only the mapping to the proxy has to be adapted.
- It allows for flexibility and makes sure Limburg.net is future proof. New tools, such as applications, can feed on the same proxy.
The team provided an integration with MailChimp as well. The content editors can check boxes to indicate which content has to be added to the next mailing campaign.
Well, in other words: this project was handled very neatly! (got it?)