Freelance in times of corona: tips & deals to help you get through this time
We get that the new rules to counter the coronavirus impact your daily life as a freelancer. And okay, most days you can get some perspective. But there are also days that the insecurity takes over. On those days, we want to comfort you. Little bits of happiness, that’s what will get us through this time.
We want to give our freelancers a clear view of the Indipendi deals that could be useful these days. And if you’re looking for a new project, don’t forget to take a look in our app.
Lockdown deals for freelancers
To get you through these circumstances, we’ve added an extra category in the Indipendi app. Here you will find reductions that will definitely come in handy.
- Farmaline (reduction of 16%)
We’d rather avoid going to the pharmacy these days. Order your products online and get them delivered at your doorstep! This deal will give you a reduction of 16%.
- Foodbag* (reduction of 10%)
Long lines in the supermarket? No need to panic! Foodbag will deliver all the ingredients for a healthy meal right at your door. Invest in your health, at a reduction of 10%. *Only available for AUSY freelancers.
- Dulst, Wijn met advies (reduction of 5%)
The store itself is closed, but there’s no need to be sad. Just let them deliver your favorite wine at home. Discover the selection now and get 5% off your order.
- Adidas (reduction of 35%)
We know Netflix seems tempting, but go for a walk, a run or do yoga instead. And do these things in style, thanks to Adidas. There’s something for everyone, with 35% off.
- DPG Media (reduction of 30%)
Stay posted. Get the latest news thanks to the offer of DPG Media. Order your subscription and get up to 30% off.
- About You (reduction of 15%)
While you’re quarantined, why not clean your closet and… make room for something new? ;-) Choose a brand new outfit in this online shop. You will save 15%!
Looking for the perfect project?
AUSY still has many fun projects at great clients to offer. Yes, also projects that keep going during the corona crisis!
You can find an updated overview in the Indipendi app: going from Senior Analyst, Business Analyst or Project Manager to Full Stack Java Developer or Data Enterprise Architect (and many more).
Be sure to take a look, maybe we can help each other out. You can apply with just one click!
The government wants to support you as well
- Payment plan for tax debts if the trouble was caused by the coronavirus.
- Postponement of payment of the preliminary social contributions of the first 2 quarters of 2020.
- Reduction of the preliminary social contributions if your estimated professional income falls under the legal thresholds due to the corona crisis - you have to be able to prove this.
- Request for exemption of fees for the first 2 quarters of 2020.
- Relaxation of the bridge period for loss of income in forced interruption by corona.
- Are you sick? Apply for payments after the 7th day of work disability.
- What about your fixed costs? Check if there’s a clause in your contract that treats temporary disabilities due to force majeure.
You will find more info on the NISSE website.
Check the Unizo website for a daily update on the frequently asked questions.
Freelancers that have questions about these new rules, can call the free number of the NISSE: 0800 12 018. You can reach this call center every working day from 8 am to 8 pm.
Which companies will help me as a freelancer?
- Unizo (www.unizo.be)
- ACV United Freelancers (www.unitedfreelancers.be)
- Acerta (www.acerta.be)
- Accountancy and advice bureau SBB (www.sbb.be)
- Lawyers Monard Law (www.monardlaw.be)
- Vlaio (www.vlaio.be)
Even though it’s tempting to spend your evenings in front of Netflix, you should remember to also get some exercise (just put your yoga mat in front of the TV), to enjoy the sunshine and look for little pieces of happiness during a day of (alright, maybe a couple of weeks of) homeworking.